What is the form of collecting user data?
This article forms part of Werkey's Policies and Terms. For more details on these policies, click here.
We use tools such as cookies, web beacons, analysis services and advertising providers to gather the data listed above. Some of these tools offer the user the ability to opt-out of data collection.
1. Cookies and data collection tools
2. Werkey uses the following types of cookies
- Preferences: cookies that recall data about the browser and the user's preferred settings that affect the appearance and behavior of Services (such as the user's preferred language).
- Security: cookies used to allow the user to connect to and access the Services, protect against fraudulent access, and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of the user's account.
- Functional: cookies that store functional settings (such as the volume level set for video playback).
- Status of the session: cookies that track user interactions with the Services to help us improve the Services and user experience, to remember user access details, and to allow for processing of user course purchases. These are strictly necessary for the Services to function properly. Therefore, if you disable them, certain features will not work or will be unavailable.
Some third-party partners who provide certain features on our site may also use local storage objects (also known as flash cookies or LSOs) to collect and store data.
We use third-party mobile browser and analytics services such as Google Analytics, Active Campaign, Post Affiliate Pro and Zendesk on the Services. These services use data collection tools to help us analyze your use of the Services, including information such as the third party website from which you came, the frequency of user visits, events within the Services, usage and performance data and where the application was downloaded from. We use this data to improve the Services, better understand how the Services work on different devices, and provide information that may be of interest to you.
4. Online Advertising
We use third party advertising services such as, Facebook, Google ad services and other ad networks and ad servers to provide advertising about our Services on other websites and applications used by the user. The advertisements may be based on known information about the user, such as data about the user's usage and system data (detailed in Types of data collected) and information that these ad service providers know about you based on their tracking data. Ads may be based on recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services and may be tailored to the user's interests.
Some types of advertising services that we use may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, phone, or other device to collect data about your use of our Services and access these tracking technologies to serve personalized ads to you. To help provide personalized advertising, we may provide the service providers with a hash and an anonymous version of the user's email address (in a human-readable format) and the content that the user publicly shares on the Services.
When using mobile applications, the user can also receive personalized ads on the app. Apple iOS and Android OS provide their own instructions on how to control personalized ads within your app. For other devices and operating systems, review your privacy settings or contact your platform operator.