With whom is user data shared?
This article forms part of Werkey's Policies and Terms. For more details on these policies, click here.
We share some data about you with content providers, other students, companies that provide services to Werkey, our business partners, data analysis and enrichment providers, user social media providers, companies that help us conduct promotions and surveys, and advertising companies that help us promote our Services. We may also share user data as necessary for security, legal compliance or as part of a corporate restructuring. Finally, we may share data in other ways if it is aggregated or unidentified, or if we obtain your consent.
1. With content providers: We share user information with instructors or teaching assistants for the courses you enroll in or request information about, so they can improve courses for you and other students. This data can include the user's city, country, browser language, operating system, device settings, the site that brought the user to Werkey, and the user's activities on Werkey. If we collect other data about the user (such as age or gender), we may share it as well. We also allow our instructors to implement Google Analytics on the course pages they offer to track traffic sources in courses and optimize course pages.
2. With other students and content providers: according to user settings, shared content and profile data can be viewed publicly, including by other students and content providers. If you ask a content provider (instructor, administrator, or teaching assistant) a question, the user's information (including name) can also be viewed publicly by other users according to the user's settings.
3. With service providers, contractors and representatives: we share user data with third-party companies that provide services to our Company, such as payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services (including redirected advertising), e-mail services and hosting and customer service and eventually support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it only as directed by Werkey to provide the requested service.
4. With business partners: we maintain contracts with other sites and platforms to distribute our Services and increase traffic to Werkey. Depending on the user's location, we may share their data with these partners.
5. With analytics and data enrichment services: as part of our use of third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, and data enrichment services, we share some contact information, account data, system data, usage data (detailed in Types of data collected) or de-identified data as necessary. De-identified data means data from which information has been removed, such as the user's name and email address, which is replaced with a token ID. In this way, providers may provide analytics services or combine user data with information from publicly available databases (including contact and social information from other sources). The goal is to communicate with the user in a more effective and personalized way.
7. To manage promotions and surveys: we may share user data if necessary to administer, market or sponsor promotions and surveys in which the user chooses to participate, as required by applicable law (such as providing a list of winners or making required registrations) or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
8. For advertising: if we decide to offer advertising in the future, we may use and share certain system data and usage data with advertisers and third party networks to display general demographic and preferred information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect system data through data collection tools (as detailed in the "Cookies and data collection tools', from the section "How is user data collected?") and use this data to serve targeted advertisements in order to personalize the user experience (through behavioral advertising) and perform web analytics. Web analytics. Advertisers may also share the data they collect about you with us. To learn more, or to opt out of receiving behavioral advertising from participating ad networks, please see the"Your choices regarding the use of your data " section in the "Users' Rights?". Please note that by opting out, you will continue to receive generic advertisements.
9. For safety and compliance with the law: we may disclose your data to third parties if (at our sole discretion) we believe in good faith that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of an investigation, order or judicial, governmental or legal process;
- Justifiably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant or other legally valid request;
- Needed to detect, prevent or resolve cases of fraud, abuse, misuse, possible violations of the law (or rules or regulations) or technical or security issues; or
- Justifiably necessary, in our opinion, to protect against imminent harm to Werkey's rights, property or securities, our users, employees, members of the public or our Services.
10. In cases of transfer of control: if Werkey goes through a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a partial or total sale of assets, we may share, disclose or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during that transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during an audit).
11. After the aggregation/removal of identification: we may disclose or use aggregated or unidentified data for any purpose.