How to create groups
In the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) you can organize users into groups and perform mass actions with a single click.
To create a group:
1. Log in to VLE as an administrator;
2. On the home page, click Add Group (1);
3. Enter a Name (2) and Description (3) for your new group;
4. If you want users to register with the group, just click on Group key (4) to generate a self-registration key or enter your own key. Send the group key to users along with simple instructions on how to self-register. (You will find instructions at the end of this article);
5. If you want to sell the courses associated with the group as a course package, click Price (5) and enter the sale amount;
6. Click Add Group (6) to complete the process;
After creating a new group, you will automatically be directed to the Users (7) tab on the group page. To add a user to your group:
1. Click the plus symbol “+” (8) in the Settings column, on the user you want to add;
Note: If you have sent a group key to the users you want in the group, there is no need to add them manually.
2. On the Courses (9) tab, choose which courses group members can access. To assign a course to your group, click the plus symbol “+” in the Settings column.
3. Return to the Users tab to assign selected courses to group members.
- To assign all courses to a specific user, click the plus symbol (+) in the Synchronize users with courses (10) column.
- To assign courses to all group members at once, click Bulk Actions (11) and choose Enroll Users In Group Courses.
Note: If you need to unassign group courses from all members with one click, you can return to Bulk Actions and choose Unenroll Group Courses.
To use the group key, the user must:
1. Access VLE with your login and password;
2. On the home page, click on Join the group, in the right corner of the screen;
3. In the dialog box, type the group key in the indicated field;
4. Click Join group to join.