How to create groups
In the virtual learning environment you can organize your course users into groups and carry out massive actions with a single click.
To create a group:
1. Access the virtual learning environment as an instructor;
2. On the home page, click on Add group (1) on the right corner of the screen;
3. Enter a Name (2) and a Description (3) for your new group;
4. If you want users to register in the group, simply click on the group key (4) to generate a self-registration key or enter their own key. Send the group key to users along with simple instructions on how to self-register. (You will find instructions at the end of this article);
5. If you want to sell the courses associated with the group as a course package, click on Precio (5) and enter the sales package;
6. Click Add group (6) to complete the process;
After creating a new group, it will automatically go to the Users tab (7) on the group page. To add a user to your group:
1. Click on the “+” (8) symbol in the Configuration column, on the user who wants to add;
Note: If you have sent a group key to the users you want in the group, it is not necessary to add them manually.
2. In the Courses tab (9), select which courses the members of the group can access. To assign a course to your group, click on the plus "+" symbol in the Configuration column.
3. Return to the Users Pestaña to assign selected courses to members of the group.
- To assign all courses to a specific user, click on the plus symbol (+) in the column Synchronize users with courses (10).
- To assign courses to all members of the group at the same time, click on Massive Actions (11) and exclude users to enroll in group courses.
Note: If you need to cancel the assignment of group courses to all members with a single click, you can go back to Massive Actions and choose Cancel registration in group courses.
To use the group key, the user must:
1. Access the platform with your username and password;
2. On the home page, click on Join the group, on the right corner of the canvas;
3. In the dialog box, write the group key in the indicated field;
4. Click Join the group to join.