How to Set Completion Rules for Courses
The Virtual Learning Environment allows you to define the rules that users must follow to complete the course.
When the defined completion condition is met, users complete the course and can now issue their certificate.
To define a completion rule:
1. Access your platform as an instructor;
2. On the home page, click on the course (1) where you want to define a rule;
3. On the course page, click on Rules and Path (2) on the right side;
4. From the drop-down list for the item The course completes when (3), select one of the available completion conditions:
- All units completed: when the user completes all units of the course, the course will be completed (this is a standard completion rule);
- A percentage of units is complete: in the percentage (%) field, enter the percentage of units completed so that when the user reaches this percentage, the course can be completed;
- Selected Units Are Completed: From the drop-down list, select one or more units that must be completed for the user to complete the course.
5. In the item Calculate score as an average of (4), select the activity in which the student must perform and reach the score to complete the course;
6. In Teaching Path (5), select the course in which the student must complete in order to complete the current course;
7. After defining your course rules, click Save (6) at the bottom of the page to finish.