Tips and Guidelines for Creating an Attractive Course
In this article, we have separated some tips and guidelines to help you create an attractive, well-structured, practical and complete course:
- Take the time to plan your course to ensure that it will help students achieve the goals you set out for it;
- Choose a topic for your course, something in which you have experience and ownership to share your knowledge;
- Define your target audience and your course objectives;
- Define how to apply what they will learn in your course through activities, simulations, assessments, etc;
- Create a course summary, the summary is the basis for your content, where you will structure and visualize the entire theme;
- Create a script to help you with class recordings, it will optimize your time and give you more security in front of the camera;
What are the components of a course?
A course consists of a set of materials in the form of videos, presentations, texts, assessments, activities, or simulations. You can add resources to your course including: supplementary materials, links, audios and so on. These components are structured into sections and contents.
How long should my course last?
We recommend that the duration of a course is at least 30 minutes. Your course should last as long as necessary to share all your knowledge of your chosen topic and allow students to achieve the course objectives.
How long does it take to create a course?
Course creation time varies greatly depending on the length of the course and the instructor's dedicated time.